Translate

Saturday, October 28, 2017

All About Jesus Not About Us



     Today, I pray in Jesus name that we all can be like John the Baptist pictured above who said at John 3:30 He (Jesus) must increase, but I must decrease. We all need to be humble like John the Baptist, not seeking our own recognition but daily seeking to exalt our Lord Jesus Christ. Notice that John the Baptist always told people to focus on Jesus and not himself. Like John we all need to get out of the picture and have people only see Jesus in our lives. Like John, we all need to tell people everywhere John 1:29 Behold the Lamb of God (Jesus), which taketh away the sin of the world.

     Now take time to read John the Baptist's next statement about Jesus at John 1:30 This is He (Jesus) of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me; for He was before me. Now think about this: First John said After me cometh a man (Jesus) which is correct because Jesus was born after John the Baptist. But later on in the verse John says humbly for He (Jesus) was before me, acknowledging that Jesus is God who always existed before his birth. Wow, John proclaimed that Jesus was the God man and God come in the flesh. Like John, friends everywhere get saved now, repent, decide to stop sinning, and proclaim like John that Jesus is God, believing daily that Jesus died for you on the cross, was buried, and rose again.


     And notice also how John said twice that Jesus was preferred before me, not seeking any self advancement or recognition. Like John let's tell people everywhere don't lift me up because Jesus is preferred before me and only Jesus should be exalted. First at John 1:27 John the Baptist said He (Jesus) it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose. Then at John 1:30 John the Baptist says After me cometh a man (Jesus) which is preferred before me; for He was before me.

     Wow, John the Baptist was so humble and wanted all the praise and glory to be for our Lord Jesus and not for himself. Many people asked John what do you think about all the people coming to Jesus and not yourself to be baptized. John 3:26 says And they came unto John, and said unto him Rabbi, he that was with thee (Jesus), beyond Jordan, to whom thou barest witness, behold the same baptizeth and all men come to Him.

     Look at John's humble response when people said all men come to Jesus and not John for baptism.  John 1:27 tells us John answered and said, A man can receive nothing except it be given him from heaven. Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ (wow John was humble and did not want anyone to worship him) but that I am sent before Him. He that hath the bride is the bridegroom; but the friend of the bridegroom (John), which standeth and heareth Him rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice. This my joy therefore is fulfilled. He must increase, but I must decrease. Hallelujah, John was humble and greatly rejoiced that all men came to Jesus for baptism and not himself. Right now like John greatly rejoice and say Jesus increase in my life as I decrease where people see Jesus and not me.

     Remember, pictured above like John let's all exalt Jesus remembering that Jesus said at John 12:32 And I (Jesus) (not John the Baptist or any of us), if I (Jesus) be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. People will come together and get saved only if Jesus is lifted up and not ourselves. We all need to promote Jesus, brag more about Jesus, lift up Jesus, and take a back seat, becoming nothing, where only Jesus gets all the glory.


     Take some time to read the following true story about a blessed humble preacher from the 1800's named Henry Moorhouse. In 1868, Henry Moorhouse was conducting revival meetings in a little town in England and there was no moving of God's Spirit; No souls were being saved at the invitations. Day and night Henry was on his knees begging God to show him what was wrong. The next morning Henry was out walking and praying when the Holy Spirit moved him to stop and look up; He found himself standing under a great billboard which read Henry Moorhouse the most famous of all of Great Britain's preachers; Evangelistic meetings all this week.

     At once, Henry knew what was wrong; He went to the campaign committee and said Brethren, now I know why there is no revival; You have mistakenly lifted me up instead of magnifying the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus and not Henry Moorhouse is the most famous preacher of all time. Henry like John the Baptist told all the saints my message is always and forevermore Behold the Lamb of God which taketh away the sins of the world; The billboards were taken down and souls started getting saved. Henry knew it was wrong to exalt any man; Only when Jesus is exalted will all men be drawn together where multitudes receive salvation.


     Finally, notice the above pictured scripture Philippians 2:3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. According to this scripture avoid vainglory defined as pride. Remember, the number one abomination that God hates is a proud look according to Proverbs 6:16-17. Proverbs 16:18 tells us pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. Also Matthew 23:12 tells us And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

     We need to get the focus off ourselves and tell people to focus on Jesus. It's a wrong spirit when churches want their preacher to be recognized; when preachers want their church to be recognized; when husbands want their wives to be recognized; when wives want their husbands to be recognized; and when parents want their children to be recognized. What happened to Jesus getting recognized?

     Instead of saying you need to meet my preacher; there's nobody like him. We should be saying you need to meet my Saviour Jesus; There's nobody like Him; He's King of kings and Lord of lords, Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty (defined as God). Remember the apostle Paul's wise saying at 1 Corinthians 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.


A TWELVE MONTH DIARY OF THE BIBLE
A BIBLE WRITING IT'S OWN DIARY
EXPLAINING PEOPLE'S NEGLECT OF GOD'S WORD

January- A busy time for me this month. Most of the family decided to read me through this year. They kept me busy for the first two weeks. Now I'm forgotten.
February- My owner used me for a few minutes last week; He had an argument and was checking references.
March-Grandpa visited us; He kept me on his lap for one hour reading me.
April-I had a busy day; My owner was appointed a leader of something and used me. I got to go to church the first time this year. It was Easter Sunday.
May-I have a few grass stains on my pages now. Had some early spring flowers pressed into me.
June-I look like a scrapbook now; They have stuffed me full of clippings. One of the girls got married.
July-They put me in a suitcase today. I guess we're off on vacation. I wish I could stay at home though as I'll have to stay in this thing for a whole month.
August- Still in the suitcase.
September-Back home again. In my old place. I have lots of company. Two true stories and four funny books are on top of me. I wish I could be read as much as they are.
October-They used me a little today; One of them is sick; Right now I'm all shined up and in the center of the table. I think the preacher's coming to dinner.
November-Back in my old place.
December-They're getting ready for Christmas. I'll be covered under wrapping papers and packages.

     Friends let's have our bibles write a different diary and say we meditated day and night on the Word of God. Psalm 1 promises that if we meditate and memorize the bible day and night we shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither, and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper (in other words if we meditate and memorize the Word of God daily, God will fix all our problems every day).

     I pray in Jesus name that this bible study blessed multitudes all over this earth with great peace and joy. Feel free to email Brother Bob anytime at rz9tlm@gmail.com or write to Brother Bob Malkin, 2233 Pinetree Lane, Apt. N., Reynoldsburg, Ohio 43068. (614) 604-7133. Till we all meet again soon to lift up our Lord Jesus, everyone have a blessed day in Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment