Translate

Saturday, September 5, 2015

What Happens When A Sinner Sees The Lord Jesus


     Today we will see what happens to sinners when they see the Lord Jesus. Pictured above, we see what happened to the prophet Isaiah when he saw the Lord Jesus sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up as His train filled the temple. Isaiah said Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts.

     Neighbor, like Isaiah, daily see the Lord Jesus crucified high and lifted up, get saved, and repent saying Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips as you confess Jesus as your Lord, believing Jesus died for you on the cross, was buried, and rose again. Repentance is defined as turning from your sin to live daily with the Lord Jesus and is required to be saved. 2 Corinthians 7:10 says For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of; but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

     When Isaiah went to the temple, he didn't go to see the pastor, evangelist, or the building; Isaiah came to see the Lord Jesus high and lifted up. John 6:40 promises that if we like Isaiah choose to see the Lord Jesus daily we will have everlasting life and be raised up at the last day. John 6:40 says And this is the will of Him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

     Like Isaiah, when we as sinners see the Lord Jesus daily, we should say woe is me, for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips. This will help us remember that we are nothing without the Lord Jesus. Saints are just branches that daily need the vine Jesus to live and survive. Jesus said at John 15:4  Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch can not bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine. No more can ye; except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches; He that abideth in me and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit; for without me ye can do nothing. Right now, like Isaiah, deny your sinful flesh and live daily for the Lord Jesus and proclaim joyfully Philippians 4:19 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.


     Pictured above, we see what happened to Job when he saw the Lord Jesus. Job told the Lord Jesus at Job 42:5 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear, but now mine eye seeth thee. Wherefore I abhor myself and repent in dust and ashes. Like Job, when we see the Lord Jesus, we'll abhor our sinful flesh and not be ashamed to kneel at an old fashioned altar and repent in dust and ashes.

     Neighbor, today you need to repent and deny your sins by confessing Jesus as your Lord, believing Jesus died for you on the cross, was buried, and rose again. If you don't get rid of sin, sin will get rid of you. Numbers 32:23 says Be sure your sin will find you out. It's wrong to say I haven't sinned because I aint done anything. It's a sin to do nothing because James 4:17 says Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin. Friend reading this today, repent and do something today for Jesus like Brother Bob on this internet by winning souls to the Lord Jesus.

     Now Brother Bob will explain how saints are not like sinners. Saints might sin but they don't like to sin. Sinners practice sin and like to sin. If a church member gets mad when you preach against sin, he's a sinner that likes to sin and needs to repent. But, a saint will enjoy when a preacher speaks against sin because saints don't like to sin. But, saints like sinners also might sin and need to repent. The problem today is that sinners don't see saints repenting of their sins in the church. If the saints start daily repenting of their sins, sinners will notice their repentance, get saved, and also repent of their sins.

     After people read this, they might say Brother Bob I accuse you of preaching perfection because no one can live perfect. Brother Bob pleads guilty and says join the crowd; I can't live perfect either. But God told me to preach holiness and perfection. 1 Corinthians 15:34 says Awake to righteousness and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God; I speak this to your shame.1 John 2:1 also says My little children these things I write unto you that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

     And just a note that Psalm 14:1 says the fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. People that deny the Lord Jesus and believe in evolution don't have enough sense to know that God made everything. These fools didn't evolute; they devoluted. John 1:3 says All things were made by Him (Jesus), and without Him was not any thing made that was made. Colossians 1:16 also says For by Him (Jesus) were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones or dominions, or principalities, or powers; all things were created by Him, and for Him. And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.


     OK, pictured above let's see what happened to the prophet Daniel when he saw the Lord Jesus. Daniel saw the Lord Jesus' body like beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude. After Daniel saw this vision of the Lord Jesus, Daniel said at Daniel 10:8 Therefore, I was left alone, and saw this great vision, and there remained no strength in me; for my comeliness was turned in me into corruption; and I retained no strength.

     Like Daniel, when we see the Lord Jesus, we also will admit that we have a corrupt sinful nature that needs the blood of Jesus to cleanse and remove our sins. Ephesians 2:3 says that we were by nature the children of wrath. People don't become sinners; they're born as sinners. But the next verse at Ephesians 2:4 is good news that Brother Bob tells all my friends to say out loud now. Say But God, who is rich in mercy, for His great love wherewith He loved us. Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, by grace ye are saved; And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.

     Take time to meditate also on Titus 3:3 that says For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another. But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared. Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost. Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour.



     Alright, let's see what happened to the prophet Habakkuk pictured above when he saw the Lord Jesus. Habakkuk 3:16 says that when Habakkuk saw the Lord Jesus, his belly trembled, his lips quivered at God's voice, rottenness entered into his bones, and he trembled within himself.

     Also, pictured above we see that Saul like Habakkuk also trembled and was astonished when he saw the Lord Jesus. When Saul saw the Lord Jesus, Saul said at Acts 9:5 Who art thou Lord? And the Lord said I am Jesus whom thou persecutest; it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

     After Saul the sinner saw the Lord Jesus, Saul was three days without sight and went to straight street. Like Saul, when sinners repent, God sends them to straight street. God doesn't send anyone to crooked street to get saved. This is because Matthew 7:14 says Strait is the gate and narrow is the way which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. The strait gate is on straight street. You can't get in the strait gate on crooked street.  Pictured above Ananias obeyed Jesus request at Acts 9:11 and arose and went into a street called Straight and enquired in the house of Judas for one called Saul of Tarsus who was praying. And after Ananias prayed for Saul, Saul became Paul and received his sight.

     Like Paul, after we daily see the Lord Jesus, we will say Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. We'll also say 1 Timothy 1:15 Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief. Like Paul, after God shines the light of conviction on us and we see ourselves as wretched sinners, we'll all agree with Romans 7:18 and say For I know that in me that is in my flesh dwelleth no good thing. We'll proclaim Luke 18:19 none is good, save one, that is, God.


     Finally, pictured above we see what happened to Peter when he saw the Lord Jesus. Peter told the Lord Jesus at Luke 5:8 Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord. Peter acknowledged that he was a sinful man and repented before the Lord Jesus.

     Like Peter, friend reading this, repent daily of your sins by looking to Jesus and deny your flesh. After Peter cussed and denied Jesus three times with an oath, Jesus forgave Peter after Peter repented. The Lord Jesus had a rooster say er,er,er,er,er twice after Peter's third denial with a curse about knowing Jesus. After Peter the chicken preacher was face to face with the preachin' chicken, Peter repented and Jesus forgave him.

     Peter was a sinner who was a sabbath keeping, pork abstaining, synagogue going, circumcised Jew that didn't have anything to do with Gentiiles. But, Peter was blessed and repented by obeying God's command to visit the gentile Cornelius' house and rejoice that the gift of the Holy Ghost was received by a gentile roman centurion named Cornelius. Friends, let's be like Peter and repent of our sinful traditions and live daily for the Lord Jesus.

     I pray in Jesus name that this bible study blesses people everywhere. Feel free to email Brother Bob anytime at rz9tlm@gmail.com or write to Brother Bob Malkin, 2233 Pinetree Lane, Apt. N., Reynoldsburg, Ohio 43068. (614) 604-7133. Till we all meet again soon to lift up our Lord Jesus, everyone have a blessed day in Jesus name.

2 comments:

  1. Great lesson, Bob! Praise the Lord! Keep up this great work ... I am sure there are many who see these and I pray they, too, will repent and believe on Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike, your comment blessed me today. Jesus bless you for your kind words. And yes I live to write these bible studies and it gives me great joy to know that now around 100000 people have seen these studies and are getting saved as they confess Jesus as God and believe that Jesus died on the cross for them, was buried, and rose again. Mike keep teaching for Jesus. Your teachings also have greatly blessed me. Your friend Brother Bob.

      Delete