Translate

Sunday, January 6, 2013

The I Wills Of The Word And Salvation By An Inward Change Of Heart


     Saints today Brother Bob gives you a special message I learned from DL Moody written in 1896 titled the nine I wills of the Word. I will now proceed to state the nine I wills or promises from the word of God that Jesus has given to his friends. For the first I will as we look at the above picture let's look at Matthew 4:19 that says And He saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. Friend, I pray in Jesus name today you will accept the invitation pictured above from Jesus to follow Him and become a fisher of men. Proverbs 11:30 tells us he that winneth souls is wise.

     DL Moody stated a man that is a true christian will want to win souls. He cannot help it for the word says if you follow Jesus, Jesus will make you fishers of men. It's interesting to note that after Peter decided to totally follow Jesus, Peter caught more men at Pentecost than he ever caught fish in his own nets. Let us all say along with DL Moody that as christians we want to be remembered for converting multitudes of souls to Jesus rather than have a column of pure gold that reaches to the skies in our honour.    

     The second I will of the word is at Matthew 11:28 and says Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Remember man's wealth or pleasure does not give anyone peace. Only faith in Jesus as God and believing Jesus died for you and rose again can give anyone peace. Jesus said at John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you, not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. Job 22:21 says Acquaint now thyself with Him, and be at peace; thereby good shall come unto thee.

     The third I will of the word can be found at John 17:24 where Jesus prayed Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am, that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me; for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. Saint reading this anywhere you can rejoice because Jesus' prayer listed above will occur  (we will soon be with Jesus beholding his glory in the kingdom forevermore) because according to James 5:16 the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man (note Jesus is defined as righteousness in 1 Corinthians 1:30) availeth much (defined as definitely will happen). Remember Hebrews 7:25 tells us Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them.

     The fourth I will of the word is listed at John 6:40 and says And this is the will of Him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on Him, may have everlasting life; and I will raise Him up at the last day. What a comforting promise to know that Jesus will raise our mortal corrupt bodies to become immortal incorruptible glorified bodies forevermore. Take time to meditate on 1 Corinthians 15:42 that says So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incourruption. It is sown in dishonour, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power.

     The fifth I will of the word can be found at John 14:18 and says I will not leave you comfortless, I will come to you. Most everyone that Brother Bob has met loves the first part of John 14 that says Let not your heart be troubled, ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you. I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. My friends in the many nations let us all rejoice in the promise listed at Hebrews 10:36-37 that says For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. For yet a little while, and He that shall come will come, and will not tarry.


     For the sixth I will from the word of God, Brother Bob gives you the above picture of the leper asking Jesus Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. Jesus said, I will, be thou clean. The scripture that refers to the picture above is Luke 5:12 and says And it came to pass, when He was in a certain city, behold a man full of leprosy, who seeing Jesus fell on his face, and besought him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. And He put forth His hand and touched him saying, I will, be thou clean; And immediately the leprosy departed from him.

     The seventh I will of the word can be found at Matthew 10:32 and says Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. Brother Bob has decided to obey Matthew 10:32 and confesses Jesus as God to all my friends in the many nations that regularly Brother Bob's book for Jesus. Let us not be like the chief rulers at John 12:42 who were ashamed to confess Jesus as Lord before men. John 12:42 says Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on Him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue; For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

     I encourage you all to be like Brother Bob and confess Jesus as God at work, walmart, the bus, the laundromat, and at the grocery store, loving the praise of God more than the praise of man. People used to ask Brother Bob why do you say praise the Lord on your answering machine and every time you answer a phone (aren't you concerned about what a person calling you for a job interview would think). Hallelujah, because I said praise the Lord, a christian boss hired me and Jesus blessed me for confessing Him before men.

     The eighth I will of the word can be found at John 6:37 and says All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. As a result, the ninth I will of the word can be found at Hebrews 13:5 and says I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. How comforting to hear Jesus say at Matthew 28:20 lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.


     For my next picture, Brother Bob gives you a new bible study which I'll title salvation by an inward change of  heart. The reason I've placed a picture above of a godly woman leading her son to Jesus as they read the holy bible is to show that salvation results from an inward change of heart and not an outward change of appearance. The woman pictured above truly exemplifies an inward beauty of a meek and quiet spirit which in the sight of God is of great price. I encourage all women who read this bible study to have an inward beauty of a meek and quiet spirit instead of an outward showing of apparel to please the Lord Jesus.

     This week Brother Bob discovered a scripture about how Jesus desires women to adorn themselves with a meek and quiet spirit in the hidden man of their hearts which is in the sight of God of great price. I encourage all women and everyone to read 1 Peter 3:1 that says Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives, while they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear. Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting (defined as braiding) the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel. But, let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price. For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands.

     To prove to you all that salvation results from an inward change of heart and not an outward change of appearance look at Romans 10:9 that says That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. You see to be saved by Jesus one must believe in Jesus with his heart and not use his intellect, reasoning, or emotion. Friend reading this now, just take Jesus at His word, believing with your heart (with no intellectual reasoning) and confess Jesus as God and believe Jesus died for you and rose again and be saved.


     Saints to prove to you all that the Lord Jesus looks on the heart of man and not on man's outward appearance, Brother Bob gives you all the above picture of the story about how the prophet Samuel decided  that Jesse's son David was chosen by God to be anointed as King over Israel. At first Samuel chose to anoint Eliab (David's brother) to be king, looking upon Eliab's tall outward appearance. But, the Lord Jesus rebuked Samuel and stated that Eliab's brother David was chosen to be king over Israel, and Samuel obeyed the voice of God and anointed David to be king over Israel.

     The story about the above picture can be found at 1 Samuel 16 and says And the Lord said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? fill thine horn with oil, and go; I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite; for I have provided me a king among his sons. 1 Samuel 16:6 says And it came to pass, when they were come, that he looked on Eliab, and said, Surely, the Lord's anointed is before him. But, the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him; for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.


     To end up today's bible study, Brother Bob gives you all a wonderful picture above of Zacchaeus running to Jesus, receiving Jesus joyfully. Saint reading this, I encourage you to be like Zacchaeus whose name means pure and run to Jesus, receiving Jesus joyfully. Luke 19:5 says And when Jesus came to the place, He looked up and saw Him, and said unto him Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down, for to day I must abide at thy house. And he made haste, and came down, and received Him joyfully.

     Saints, as always, Brother Bob has enjoyed writing this bible study today. Feel free to contact Brother Bob by email at rz9tlm@gmail.com or write to Brother Bob Malkin, 2233 Pinetree Lane, Apt. N., Reynoldsburg, Ohio 43068. (614) 604-7133. Till we all meet again soon, have a blessed day in Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment