Translate

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Go To The Great Supper And Make No Excuses


     Saints study the picture above which is one of Brother Bob's all time favorite pictures ever and open up your bibles to Luke 14:16 and meditate on these verses which read "Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many. And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, come; for all things are now ready. And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused. If you look in the picture above look on the far right at the man pointing to the deed of his land and telling the servant he can't go to the supper.

     Saints don't fall so much in love with your house or property that it separates you from Jesus. If you get a house or property open the house up to the poor and invite people to your house or mansion to preach Jesus to them. Jesus says in Matthew 25:35 when you let a poor person or stranger into your house you let Jesus into your house and Matthew 25:40 says Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. If you have an expensive car be like Brother Bob go to the poorest part of town and pick up the homeless and poor people and pay for their meals at restaurants and minister Jesus to them and allow them to enjoy your car. Use your car for Jesus.

     Luke 14:19 goes on to further read And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them; I pray thee have me excused. Now look again at the picture above in the bottom left of the man pointing to his oxen and how he can't attend the supper. To me the oxen represent his livelihood or job. Don't let your job take you away from Jesus. Remember your boss isn't your source of blessing and income. Jesus is your true source of income and blessings. Hebrews 13:6 reads So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. Psalm 121 reads I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. Psalm 75:6 says For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. But God is the judge: He putteth down one, and setteth up another.

     Finally, read Luke 14:20 which reads And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come. Again, look at the picture above of the man on the left pointing to his wife and telling the servant he cannot attend the supper. Remember do not place your family father mother husband wife son daughter or any relative before Jesus. As an orthodox Jew Brother Bob left his entire family to serve Jesus and my life has been tremendously blessed with Jesus for 28 years. My parents told me it was either Jesus or them and their money. I chose Jesus because Jesus is better than silver gold rubies or anything you can desire stated in Proverbs 3 and Jesus is the true wisdom and blessing. 1 Corinthians 1:30 tells us Jesus is wisdom so when Solomon asked for wisdom in Proverbs the Father gave him Jesus and Jesus gave Solomon everything he needed.

     But saints I believe marriage is a good thing and married couples can serve Jesus better than single persons if they believe and trust totally in Jesus. Just read Acts 18 about a husband and wife Aquila and Priscilla who left everything and followed Paul. Aquila and Priscilla were tentmakers with Paul and gave up everything to sail on the ocean with Paul and witness for Jesus. Aquila and Priscilla both led Apolos to Jesus and from their experience of learning Jesus around Paul taught Apolos to be a great preacher for Jesus.

     Saints, tell everyone about the new blog from Brother Bob at www.preachbrotherbob.blogspot.com and I pray in Jesus name these bible studies strengthen and bless you all greatly. Feel free to leave me comments below by typing in a comment and then choose by drop down arrow your name website or just be anonymous and click post comment. You can also email Brother Bob anytime to rz9tlm@gmail.com or write to Brother Bob Malkin 2233 Pinetree Lane Apt. N., Reynoldsburg, Ohio 43068. (614) 604-7133. 

No comments:

Post a Comment